Monday, November 19, 2012

My favorite backyard visitors....

I happen to look out the sliding glass doors the other day just in time to catch a few of my favorite little birds at the feeders.  The maple leaves hadn't fallen yet, so they made a pretty backdrop.
The Chickadee is so fast I only caught one visit from him. 
 The Downy was checking for bugs in the limb we cut off as well as trying the feeder.

 I was thrilled to see the Red-breasted Nuthatch!  Such a quick little bird!  There were two of them out there.
 I'm so glad they like this hanging ball and hope the raccoons will leave it alone.
 They can climb all over it, so when the seeds get low, they still get food.
 The Titmouse is always so cute.  

The cut limb makes a good place to stop and open the seed. 
The White-breasted Nuthatch showed up that morning, too! 

I love all these little birds and was so glad to see them getting some seed instead of all the House Sparrows eating everything in sight.  I think being gone for a week in Texas, made a few of the sparrows go away...at least temporarily!

9 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

Great variety of visitors!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Seeing all these birds makes the day special.I have all the same birds,except for the Titmouse.Don't see them around here.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great pictures of the backyard birds... I truly need to take a minute and get my camera out. Saw a Northern Flicker today.... I have never seen a Red-breasted Nuthatch here. What a find!!!!!

Love the round feeder.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Hugs,
Betsy

Dorothy said...

You caught some great pictures of your birds! We are having lots of brown-headed nuthatches and they are quick as a wink! I'm lucky if I ever get a picture of a Nuthatch or a Chickadee!

grammie g said...

Hi Mary...Some of my favorite feeder friends you have too!!
I have been seeing more red-breasted Nuthatch them usual this fall...cute-cute-cute they are!!
An the eyes of the Titmouse just adorable!!
Love seeing your cutie's !!
Hope your House Sparrows stay away..I don't get them at my feeder..they go into the city to Burger King, Home Depot, and Walmart hahahaha!!
Grace

Rose said...

I need to put out some birdfeed, too...keep meaning to wash my windows first though....but might as well go ahead and put some out. I will be lucky if I get to them at all soon.

DeniseinVA said...

Always fun to see what visitors others get to their back yard feeders.

Becky said...

I have these very same birds. Even the red-breasted nuthatch. Even got a couple videos of him. Enjoy Mary.

A Colorful World said...

Nice shots at the backyard feeder! The leaves do make a wonderful backdrop!