Saturday, October 1, 2011

Orange, orange, orange!.....

It seems like everywhere I went this past week, I kept finding orange things.
We saw this tree in Henderson, KY covered in orange fungi.
The day before I had seem some at home.....very colorful!
The orange Viceroy butterfly seems to be about a lot right now.
Jewelweed!  Also known as Touch-me-not.  Supposedly if rubbed on poison ivy it will take away the itch.
The Sycamore leaves along the lake at Mouteau Park were turning orange.
Most of our leaves have not begun to turn color yet, but we should have a lot of orange in the maples soon.
The orange belly of the Fox Squirrel. 
The orange breast of the American Robin.
I watched a dozen or so looking through the leaves and grass at the park.
I think this one looks sort of young.
This one, too.
An adult on the post.
While looking for a dresser today, I noticed this sign and thought it was very clever.  Then I realized it was also Orange!
And finally....I have been working on an orange quilt top and just finished it.  I started this during the winter when I was really cold and thought maybe working on a "hot" orange quilt would make me feel warmer.  I wasn't sure I would ever finish it, but I love how it turned out.  I think that I am tired of orange for the moment.....well, unless there is some orange sherbet in the house??

13 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

Loving your quilt top! Very nice.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I enjoyed this orange post. Lots of interesting things to see.

Tom Arbour said...

Fall certainly is filled with Orange! Great eye capturing it all

Dorothy said...

It's a great time of year for Orange!!! Great pictures, Mary.

Rose said...

Of all the orange things you show, I love that quilt top the best!

Kelly said...

...all you're missing is a pumpkin! fun post...

Janice K said...

I enjoyed your "orange" blog, but your quite is especially nice. Just right for Fall!

Becky said...

I've never seen so many orange items. How nice, and I love that quilt! You don't see orange ones that often.
B.

wildaboutwales said...

that jowelweed or the guardsman helmet looks very similar to a weed thats taking over our riverbanks the himalayan bolsam. they are going to introduce some bug that should kill it off.
http://www.jknotweed.com/services/himalayan-balsam-control

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Gorgeous Mary... Love all of the oranges --especially in the Fall of the year. And OH--that quilt is going to be awesome... Love those colors... WOW!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Judy said...

That quilt is so vibrant! And I can see why it took so long!
I love the pile of chairs, in the furniture store sign!

Katney said...

I tend to use orange sparingly in quilts but I like this one. The forest was using orange sparingly when we were there last week, but I imagine that has already changed.

sandy said...

I've been catching up and I love that quilt top - so full of fall colors. Hope all is well with you..