I believe this is an Eastern American Toad.....the most common one around. I thought his little green patches were very pretty :-)
Sometimes we can spot little tiny frogs in the duckweed at the wetlands. This little guy is barely sticking out of the weeds, but I saw him jump so I knew he was there!
The wetlands is a good place to find Tree Frogs, too. We saw four of them one day. They like the Button Bush so we always check it as we walk by. This one was over in Henderson the day we went there. It looks large in this photo, but they are only about an inch long.
The back view
And of course I always find turtles. Not as many as in the spring, but there are still some on the logs usually. The one in front must have just come from the duckweed.....or he is trying to blend in.
The yellowish shell on this one was different from most of those we see.
This one didn't see me until I had gotten a nice close-up.
10 comments:
Your photos remind me of riding in FL. We always crossed a low bridge and the turtles would jump off logs into water. Splashes always spooked my gelding.
That toad needs some skin cream LOL Great shots of these critters.
Hi Mary...I love the Tree Frogs..they are so cute! I like your photo's of it especially your header!!
The first fellar I agree with Ruth lol!! I have never seen one like that before!!
Hope all is good with you!
Grace
Your tree frogs are so different. Our are 'grey' tree frogs.
We have the same turtles and duck weed.
Just love them!
Cheers from Cottage Country!
My, what an assortment! Great pics.
I like the pictures off your tree frogs. I agree with Ruth's comment that the toad could use some skin cream.
Great pictures, Mary, of the frogs, toads and turtles... Some of the smallest critters are quite interesting... Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Betsy
You get such good pictures of turtles...I always love them.
Great photos. I especially like the tree frog pics.
Always good to see turtles. We don't have many here this year, and I haven't been on the trails very much to even look.
B.
Post a Comment