Monday, October 3, 2011

Fungi, lichen......

Fungi isn't something I know much about, but I have been seeing a lot of variety lately!
On a tree at the wetlands
These were growing along the edge of a huge pile of mulch.
I thought their patterns were neat where they "crack".
A couple more shots of those orange ones.   They look like a stack of pancakes.
Very pretty :-)
This mass of white is on a dead tree at our house.
I wish I could have gotten closer to these!  I shot this through a fence. Look at the tops of them where they are bumpy.  Wonder how they look when they are first opening up.  They were very big!
These little common ones are in my yard :-)

5 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Great shots. The orange ones are very pretty.

Rose said...

I have been seeing a lot of the 'fun guys' myself! Sometimes I will have about a gazillion of those little ones in your bottom photo.

Dorothy said...

I don't know much about fungi either, but it's interesting to photograph! Good job!

Katney said...

I had a bunch of shrooms in my lawn when I finally gave in and used the weedeater to mow. The mower wouldn't start. We see some wonderful fungi when we hike in the lowland forests at Rainier.

Becky said...

I love the orange ones. After all the rain we had, there were lots here, but not as pretty as yours.
B.