I'm getting behind with posting stuff! I'll interrupt my vacation posts to post stuff I saw today at Howell Wetlands. I was hoping for butterflies, but didn't see many. However, the dragonflies were plentiful along with other stuff I liked.
My only good bird shot of the day. A Mockingbird...I think a young one. We saw a Kingfisher, but it was too far away for good photos and also Kingbirds, Cardinals, sparrows, etc.
There were lots of these Hibiscus (?) around the ponds/marsh areas. Very pretty!
I really like this darker pink color.
A lighter pink with a dark center.
Queen Anne's Lace
A grasshopper on the path....lots of those! Every step you take you stir up one or two.
Asters with bug
Lots of kinds of yellow flowers in the meadow. The butterflies and Goldfinches love it here.
An Eastern Pondhawk female on the path.
.....and an Eastern Pondhawk male came to land beside her.
Another Eastern Pondhawk male. I love how it was hanging.
These yellow flowers cover the low water areas of the marsh.
Morning Glory
The Blue Dasher male doing a "hand stand" for me.
This one wasn't as receptive to photos, but I liked the shot anyway.
I never know the name of these flowers....need to look it up. (I think I found a name...Button Snakeroot)
The Amberwing.....very small and likes to buzz the pond constantly.
Such an odd angle it is hard to tell, but I'm pretty sure this is a Widow Skimmer female, better seen below.
Widow Skimmer female.
A couple turtles out in the sun.
I only spotted this little frog because he jumped while I was looking at the duckweed he is hiding in.
Just liked this leaf on the duckweed covered log.
This is on our pond at home....a Slaty Skimmer.
Same one....Slaty Skimmer.
Yesterday I was taking butterfly photos and still have to post those! Also have more vacation. Will catch up eventually....maybe! I guess I would rather have too many things to take photos of then nothing of interest.
8 comments:
You got some great captures of the dragonflies, but I like your picture of the Queen Anne's Lace as well.
Like George, I love the picture of the Queen Anne's Lace. I also love the Hibiscus --and all of those colors. SO pretty!!!!!
Have a nice weekend, Mary. How was the Quilt Show?
Hugs,
Betsy
Hi Mary...I know all about the falling behind on posting...it has been so hot and humid that my hands sticks to the computer..lol
I could get air conitioner I suppose ,but here in Maine I want to get all the enjoyment out of summer I can..it is to short!!!
lots of Dragonflies and nice photos of them!!
My favorite is the little frog in the duckweed lol
Lots of nice wildflower to!!
Hope your doing well!!
Beautiful photos Mary!!! I like to try to shoot dragonflies but hardly have any success. The Queen's Lace is fit for a Queen!
YOu have captured the Dragonflies so well.Somehow,I just don't seem to get satisfactory pictures of them.I enjoyed this walk with you and your camera.
What a bunch of nice pictures! I really enjoyed your post.
Good stuff here Mary. I just can't get enough Dragonfly pictures. You have access to the best places. We have to drive so far everyplace we go. Love your pictures!
B.
Wow, I haven't taken this many pictures in so long....you got so many good ones.
Post a Comment