Saturday, January 14, 2023

Short-eared Owl!...

 Very seldom do I ever see an owl and even less often can I get a decent photo.  One evening last week we went to an area where Short-eared Owls were reported.  We were about to give up when Mike spotted one sitting right at the edge of the field next to the road we were on!  It sat there and posed like it didn't even care we were there!  I was very thrilled!

I just love the eyes!  So gorgeous!


It sat there patiently and just kept swiveling its head back and forth.


A profile
Across the road one lone deer was grazing.

2 comments:

Roy Norris said...

Mary, you have certainly hit the ground running for January 23. A lot of great images. Your weather must be better than ours. All we have had is constant rain.

Mary said...

Thanks, Roy! We have had a lot of rain, too, but I managed to find a few days that were sunny. I don't get out as often as I would like.