Friday, January 13, 2023

More recent finds....a Harrier hunting and sitting on the ground, as well as some nice ducks...

 I've had some lucky encounters lately.  A local birding group reported that there were some interesting ducks at the local soccer field lake, so we went to check it out.  Not only were there Canvasback and Redhead Ducks, but there was a Harrier sitting in the field and skimming it for prey.

I've never seen one sitting where I could get a photo before.

And....take off!

Skimming over the field.

Canvasbacks

Redheads


There was one Ring-billed Duck mixed in.

3 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

what a treat seeing the harrier!

sandy said...

I had no idea you were posting again. I use to check here on and off and didn't see anything new. I've got you on my list now. I always enjoy the various birds you post .. We have red headed ducks over the lake. I love them.

Mary said...

Thanks Jenn and Sandy. I still post on Facebook, but hope to keep this blog a little more up to date that it has been. I really prefer the blog, but find it hard to do both.