It has taken three separate trips to Henderson this year to find the Snow Geese and other migrants! I was about to give up on finding some. We went later in the day this time and they were beginning to gather in the corn and water to settle down for the evening.
A few of the Snow Geese in the corn.....one of the dark adults on the right.
Lining up in the corn rows.
A line of the Greater White-fronted Geese in the front with the Snows in back. A Mallard and a Shoveler in the foreground. The geese always separate into groups by type. They don't mix too much. The Mallards swim around in the middle of everybody and don't seem to care.
A few in the air with a swan.
The Tundra Swans were plentiful this year....at least 20. They were hanging out with the Canada Geese at the other end of the field with some assorted ducks . I saw a Pintail several times.
This goose was hanging out all by itself at the edge of the water by the road where I was standing, so close-ups were possible.
Coming in for a landing.
We don't normally see swans around where we live, so it was wonderful to see so many.
A mix of everything.
Swans and ducks
The White-fronts and the Snow Geese.
Just to really top off the day, this adult Bald Eagle was sitting in a tree watching another field. Mike spotted a younger one, too chasing some of the ducks in a field, but it was too far away for a photo.
Always lovely to see!....and so willing to pose. Do you think they know how majestic they look?
On the way across town, we saw this Red-shouldered hawk on the wire.
*******
My back pain problem is finally going away....yeah! Not gone completely, but hugely improved! I hope to get out more in the future and take some photos.
11 comments:
Hi Mary. Glad the back is improving. What a lot. Of birds together and I an glad you at last saw the Snow geese..
Wow Mary.... That's terrific. Glad you kept going back.... You really saw lots of birds...Love the Snow Geese.. They say that there are eagles in our community now --but I have yet to see one... One of these days, maybe I will.
Hugs,
Betsy
Great pictures. Love the variety. Canadian Geese are plentiful here. The pictures of the Bald Eagle are super. Looks like you had a great day.
Oh, Mary...you sure got a lot of good pictures. The eagle shots are superb! I would love to get some that good...
I do think they sit there like they are proud of themselves...and I would be too if I looked like that! It just absolutely makes my day when I see one.
We are over at Sarah's now...she is at work of course and Jeremy is gone. Not sure if he will be back later or if he has left for the weekend.
Seen three buzzards on the way here...not near as many since it is still winter...but have not seen one at home in a good while.
I enjoy seeing so many geese and ducks in one place.
Glad your back is feeling better! Great shots!
What a fun day that must have been! I'm glad your persistence paid off.
I'm sure you are relieved about the back pain easing up. You have to be up, moving and ready for spring! I like your geese and swan photos! Our lakes get about 6 geese maybe more - but nothing like what you have photographed.
How wonderful, Mary, to see Snow Geese!
Seeing a Bald Eagle would be amazing, great photos, Mike.
Mary, I'm glad to hear that your back is some better! As usual, your bird pictures are awesome! You are blessed to be in an area where you can see and photograph so many birds!
Post a Comment