A few of our recent visitors at the home front. Mike heard this hawk hit the glass doors.
A young Sharp-shined, I believe. Sat on the rail while it got its senses back.
I'm always glad they aren't hurt, but it does give the chance for some photos.
A very lovely hawk.
One of the squirrels eating some of the crab apples.
The Carolina Wren has been around a lot lately.
Mrs. Cardinal waiting in the bushes.
Mr. Cardinal in the crab apple tree. There were probably a dozen Cardinals out there today at the feeders.
Downy male at the suet.
A pair of House Finches that looked pretty good. No eye disease.
Red-bellied Woodpecker at the suet.
An adult Yellow-bellied Sapsucker showed up! I think there were actually two out there at one point. This is not the same immature one I saw a few weeks ago.
I wish I could have gotten better photos of it's neck area. I'm not sure I have seen the adult so well before. I'm used to woodpeckers with red on the head but not on the throat.
The Carolina Wren was back and looking cute.
For a few who asked: I am still fighting this back/disc pain, but some days are better than others and I am determined to ignore it the best I can and try to get out and about some to get some photos. We want to head over to Henderson this week to look for the Snow Geese. We've had a lot of dreary weather, but have a few days of sunshine coming up, so I don't want to miss the opportunity.
11 comments:
LOVE your birds! That HAWK is AMAZING!
WoW! YOU HAVE A LOT GOING ON IN YOUR YARD. GREAT SHOTS.
Some wonderful photos, as usual, Mary. Your Downy looks pretty similar to our Great Spotted!
A lovely set of images Mary and great to have all these around your property. Hope you feel well enough to get out and take some Geese flocks as I always look forward to them.
Great photos....especially love the hawk. But then, I LOVE Carolina wrens and nothing like cardinals either.
We had a hawk come to our feeder a bit back...I did not see him catch anything. It stayed a few seconds and left so must have scared everything and left in frustration.
That hawk is a beauty! How fortunate to be there to get the pictures.
You have a wonderful collection of birds on your yard.
Dear Friend, Just stopping by to say HI. Hope you are having a good December so far. This will be a very different kind of Christmas for George and me this year. But—all in all, we are both enjoying being together and sharing our love with each other. What more can we ask for!!!!
Other than a post today, I won't be blogging much until I start feeling better and get this knee/leg taken care of... I will try to at least read your posts (even if I don't comment)... I will however be posting off and on on Facebook (since it's so simple) if you want to check there when possible.
Love all of your birdies... We 'luckily' don't have many hawks around here --but I will admit that my Mourning Doves haven't been around lately... Wonder why???
Hugs,
Betsy
How wonderful that you saw that sapsucker.lo? Hohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhgfffdsss
Mary, blogger is acting up and I cannot see what I am trypying, but when I push the publish button the words show up, so I hope this makes sense! I am ghost writing right noq! very wierd!
Mary - what great shots you got. Nice variety - have a great Christmas!
Post a Comment