Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Odds and ends....

Here are a few misc. shots from at home plus the rest of my wetlands shots.
 I have a Catbird hanging around the suet at the moment.

 The lilacs were beautiful this year.....
 ....and the ornamental Cherry tree.

 Coot at the wetlands
Saw several damselflies but I don't know their names 
 Laying eggs




 One Mallard male sleeping on a log

I forget the name of this bug and am too lazy to look it up :-) 
 A few Canada Geese hanging out with the turtles

Robin 
 I'm not going to guess what type of sparrow this is. 
 If anyone can tell, I'd be happy to know which one it is!
 The White-throated Sparrow

8 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

A lovely variety of nature photos here. Enjoyed them very much and can't pick a favorite. Have a great day :)

Rose said...

You got some great captures of damselflies!

Janice K said...

Your lilacs are so pretty--I can almost smell them. I think that last snowfall we had stunted our lilac blooms up here as well and the forsythia. I have another bush that usually blooms by know that is just growing leaves. Oh well, at least it is finally warming up and some new birds are migrating through.

Have a great day!

Caroline Gill said...

Some lovely photos as ever, Mary. I'm guessing your beetle is a Green Tiger Beetle ... I have only seen one once, on a tiny island (one of the Small Islands) off the west coast of Scotland.

Linda said...

Beautiful photos, Mary!

Naquillity said...

beautiful images. the green bug is called (i think) six spotted green tiger beetle... i love how you captured the damselfly laying her eggs. how wonderful... hope all is well. have a great day~

Becky said...

Everything is really coming to life around your area. Beautiful flowers! We're just beginning to wake up here.. Love the sleeping duck picture.

A Colorful World said...

Your lilacs and that ornamental cherry are just stunning, Mary! How ever did you manage to happen upon a dragonfly laying eggs! What a special moment! Great pics as always.