Saturday, May 10, 2014

Meadowlark.....

Went by Mouteau Park last week, because I figured there would be some Meadowlarks around.
Found one grazing along the edge of a neighboring field. 

 Went back the next day and there was one in the soccer field.

A field of yellow :-)  Always looks cheerful.

9 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful images of a beautiful bird.

Naquillity said...

that yellow field is gorgeous... is that yellow rocketcress? and i love your photos of the eastern meadowlark... wishing i could capture one so clear and singing too... have a great night~

Janice K said...

They are such pretty birds, but I have never seen one. Nice pictures!

Becky said...

Very interesting bird. I have only seen them once and that was a couple years ago. 3 were in my back yard fighting. Up till them I didn't think they were even in my area. Lots of yellow flowers everywhere. The bees should be happy.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hope you all had a good Mother's Day. We had a quiet one here --since I'm still struggling some since my surgery... But--each day gets a little better!

I love Meadowlarks --and never see them... Such beautiful birds...

Love the yellow field also...

Hugs,
Betsy

Dorothy said...

Another beautiful bird that I've never seen! Thanks for posting this!

Patrinas Pencil said...

I love yellow...yellow birds are my favorite. that field of yellow is so beautiful....but would definitely make me sneeze!

Rose said...

I can never even get near a meadowlark out at the strip pits...love your shots of them.

A Colorful World said...

Oh, he's just wonderful! And that field of yellow would make anyone sing! :-) Thanks so much for your comment on my quilting blog too. I always love to hear from you on there. Good luck with your own projects too. I'm posting the Quilt Guild meeting this morning as well.