Friday, March 22, 2013

Signs of spring at last!.....

Spring must be coming....there were turtles to count on the logs at the wetlands!  Yippee!
These two looked very comfortable and decided I wasn't a threat.
 Turtles up front, turtles in back further....lots of turtles already!
 Bit of an overlap with the last photo
 Turtles in the creek
 Gathered around the stump
Goose friend with the turtles :-)
 A couple goose portraits.  This one must be used to being thrown food.  It kept eyeing us very hopefully.

 A lone Mallard swimming by the turtles.
 Cutting a wake.....he seemed fairly friendly, too.
Two lines....close and far.
 They may be weeds, but to me they are the hope of spring and beautiful wildflowers!


And at home, a few crocus!  yeah!
Still feels like winter to me, and we have some cold coming, but the signs of spring are there at last.

16 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

Your weeds are purple dead nettle. They really are pretty
What a lot of turtles!

Roy Norris said...

Lovely flowers Mary, just a little hint of Spring.

Jenny said...

I'm glad you're seeing a few signs of Spring on the way Mary! (-: Those turtle make a fun subject to photograph!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh yes,this does look like spring.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Mary, Great promises of Spring... We are still cold here --so Ole Man Winter is hanging on!!!!

Love seeing all of the turtles. Wonder if they fight as to which ones get on the logs?? ha

Nice pictures of the goose and the duck also.

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

grammie g said...

Hi Mary ...Oh I am jealous!! : )
Your sure get to see a LOT of turtles,but nice to see spring is there! They are so comical all lined up!
I love your weed beautiful..and the Crocus...oh I can't wait!!
Grace

Janice K said...

I have never seen so many turtles in one place! I liked the one with the goose trailing behind like he was playing follow the leader.

It is good to see Spring bursting out down there. Hope you don't get too much snow this weekend. I really wish it would miss us altogether.

Judy said...

You are certainly a lot closer to spring than we are...
I can only dream of crocuses and turtles, although there are redwings staking their claims in the marsh!!!

Rose said...

Oh, Mary...I would love to see all those turtles! And I bet Lorelei would love them...she is going to be a nature girl.

DeniseinVA said...

A fun post Mary, lovely sightings.

George said...

It' good to see turtles on the logs again. Now if we only had some warm sunshine I could sit and enjoy! It's not going to happen for a few days.

Richard Lawry said...

After a gorgeous weekend last weekend, as soon as spring officially arrived the weather has been cold and nasty here in Western Arkansas.
An Arkies Musings

Mary said...

Well....winter came back. We had snow last night...not a lot, but a dusting on everything. Should have known it was too good to be true that spring was here at last!

A Colorful World said...

Great shots! What a nice collaboration of turtle friends! And the geese. Oh, and that lovely little wildflower and crocus! yep, spring, spring! :-)

Ann said...

What an interesting post, just loved the turtles, even the purple weeds look really nice.

Becky said...

No crocus here either, but maybe soon.No turtles either! I did see a skunk though, and soon the raccoons will be out everywhere.