Friday, March 15, 2013

A few bird shots from home...

A few of my recent backyard visitors....
 I never tire of this little nuthatch....
 ....and he never tires of the peanuts!
 Was able to sneak a photo of the Cardinal before he flew away.
 Several shots of the female Red-bellied Woodpecker

 Blogger decided to order my photos in its own way and I was too lazy to move them.
 One of my daily squirrels.  
And the woodpecker again.
Still cold here!  But I do see a few daffodils tying to bud and convince the world that it is really spring.
Spring is coming so late for our part of the country!  Usually I would have flowers blooming by now.  Maybe by next week.....or not.

13 comments:

Janice K said...

Those little Red-breast Nuthatch are so sweet. We had some the first year I started taking bird pictures, but I haven't seen them since.

Dorothy said...

Great shots, Mary! I never see the Red-breasted Nuthatches, only Brown-headed ones. Our winter has not been hard and no snow on the ground, but it seems like the longest winter ever!

Richard Lawry said...

I have had red-breasted nuthatches at my bird feeder a few times this winter.
An Arkies Musings

Kerri Farley said...

Hurry up Spring!!
LOVE your little Nutty .... I rarely get to see this kind!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Lovely pictures. No spring here yet,either,but more snow coming down today.

Cicero Sings said...

I can't believe how quickly the birds arrive after the melt starts. I walked down to the end of the street and there was a cacophony of bird song in the trees at the end of the road along with geese honks coming up from the lake.

George said...

Nuthatches are always fun to watch. We're finally starting to get some blossoms down here, so hopefully you won't have to wait much longer.

grammie g said...

Hi Mary..Cold here to..it looks gorgeous out temp's 40, but a real bite in the air!!
Looks like you friends are eating well,guess they will be well taken care of until the weather improves!!
Like your photo of the gang!!
Grace

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Very nice, Mary... I love seeing your birdies since mine are almost always the same ones!!!! I did do something nice today for the birdies.. I ordered some mealworms for my Bluebirds (who are nesting) and some whole peanuts for my Blue Jays and Nuthatches... They should love me even more --since I have never bought either of them before.

Hugs,
Betsy

Jenny said...

Those Red-breasted Nuthatches are really smart looking birds. Quite similar to our Nuthatch. I hope spring comes along for you soon!

Rose said...

I have been having those very same birds...I wish I could get pictures as good as these.

Kathie Brown said...

Love your birds. I'm so sorry that spring has not arrived for you...yet! Soon, soon...

Becky said...

I miss the little nuthatch. It was here for quite a while, but has moved on. Maybe to your house.. I haven't seen the Red -bellied woodpecker either. Where is Spring??