We're starting to get some color down here in southern Indiana.
This is a maple in our side yard. I think this is the most color I've ever seen on this tree.
The ducks and geese are beginning to migrate, so today there were 4 Shovelers at the wetlands.
This is a male that is getting its mating color, I think. I've never seen one at this stage before.
3 Shovelers, 3 turtles :-)
There was a little bit of color showing along the edge of the creek and reflecting in the water. Notice the bare turtle log.....a whole classroom of children had just gone by and scared them all into the water :-)
As they began to reappear on the log, I would swear that they were enjoying the color on the water, too.
Ooh.....ahhh!
Green is pretty too, when it is patterned.
"Wow....orange and yellow and green!"
A flock of about 25 Canada Geese were on the creek.
Geese and turtles :-)
Stay in line!
Maple
Swallows in the tree.
Dainty Sulphur
Goldfinch
Gray Hairstreak
Some sort of moth.
Oak leaves turning red
Those big dark eyes on the skippers are so cute.
Skipper
Love the face peeking over the flower
Sulphur
Buckeye
And even a few Mallards.
7 comments:
Where to begin? I love the different colours in the water. The Buckeye is a beautiful butterfly and of course all the others are just plain good.A wonderful post.
Yes, I also feel spoilt for choice, Mary! A wonderful post ... as usual. I just love the turtles and the autumn colours ... but I agree with Ruth that the Buckeye is very special! We don't get those here ... in fact we have had a very lean butterfly season.
Wonderful post! I love that line of geese!
You must have had a wonderful day...I am surprised at the lack of color there. Must be cause you are farther west...we were in a lot of color almost ever step of the way home...
Thanks everyone! The city is full of color in the trees now, and I need to get out and take more photos. It's been damp and rainy, so the colors don't show to their best advantage right now, but we have lots of beautiful color now!
Great, Great shots of everything Mary. I love the butterfly ones, and the geese all in a line.
I love the line of geese - I have watched them swim in line like that when they were having to break the ice, but I did not think the pond weed was that hard on them...
And that butterfly peeking over the aster flower is gorgeous!!
Post a Comment