Time for a few more turtle shots :-)
Big and little.......lots of red on that little one. I think the small one is a painted turtle and the big one a Red-eared Slider.
I liked his reflection
The shell of the one on the left looks so shiny and dark. It must have just come out of the water.
I think of this one as the "one with the striped underpants".
More smooth and shiny ones
Are the 3 in front watching the balancing act by the other one?
"You really ought to get you some duckweed to wear.....don't you think mine looks nice?"
Three heads are better than one.
*************
Blogger still won't let me change my header photo. So I was going to put my header shot at the top of this post. However, as soon as I tried to load it....even though I have shrunk the size of it just like the other photos....they gave me the message about having used all my space! Weird....I can load photos, but not a photo with words on it. Weird.
6 comments:
These turtles are so cute! There seem to be so many different kinds, and usually I don't notice the differences. I really like the ones with the very smooth shells.
The balancing one is holding his feet all back, like he is presenting a streamlined profile to the wind. Maybe he is dreaming of flying...
The one with all the duckweed looks like a chia pet! Also, the way they lay in the sun reminds me of the way squirrels will stretch out on a limb with their arms and legs hanging down!
Love the turtles
An Arkies Musings
Blogger is really weird at times!! Great turtle post! Some of your captions made me LOL!
Great pictures of the turtles.. They look like they 'pose' just for you to take their pictures..
Who knows about Blogger--and what it does --or doesn't do????????
Cold here this week. We have been enjoying a fire in the fireplace all week... Love it!!!
Hugs,
Betsy
Post a Comment