Sunday morning culprit, Monday morning posting.
The culprit: This one seems to be a Star clone, so I'll just call him "Star" to make it simple.
"She's watching....act natural and she will go away."
Plan A: "Ooof.......this is hard! It would help if she would fill this thing up so some would spill out."
"Ok....that didn't work. Now what?"
"The coast is clear.....plan B ready."
"I can do this, I can do this......"
"Ta da! Ouch, this thing hurts."
"Making my move"
"There's the prize!"
"She really needs to fill this thing. I could starve to death!"
Hang ten
Squirrel bliss.
14 comments:
Love the crooked feeder ... I'm sure it has suffered many "Star" squirrel attacks!
Is he eating or preying for you to refill Mary.{:)
Cicero: LOL...I think the feeder has suffered more raccoon attacks then anything else :-)
Roy: Praying for a refill..NOW!
Hi Mary...they are some characters aren't they ..go to any length to get into that feeder...great entertainment!! lol!!
Keep looking for the Flyer!! : }
Grace
I have been watching the squirrels around here...they think spring is here for sure!
I so enjoyed reading this, Mary. Your blend of observation, photography and gentle humo(u)r has put a smile on my face on this dull grey day!
You got some great pictures of the new 'Star'. I think he is as much a character as the original.
You've got to admit, they're a pain in the butt, but entertaining :) Mike
Oh, Mary, you caught him in so many wonderful poses! He's adorable!
I thought it was about time I came birding with you, and of course, was not disappointed. We had a birding treat last week. Stop by and take a look back in last week;s posts. We are not birders as such, but hikers, and now with my husband's illness not so much of that. But we did get out-- and a hike can turn into a birding adventure at the turn of a bend in the trail.
Well, for some reason I thought I was posting that on a post about birds, but it ended up with the squirrels. I see them around town, too, and they always make me smile.
how do you get the squirrel to pose for so many shots these in wales only pose for one shot before its disappeared up a tree.
the one of the squirrel eating the bread took the bread with it. sat to the back of the tree out of shot. ate the bread then came back for a belly full of sunflower seeds.
On your postTuesday, February 21, 2012.you say you think its a sparrow.
I think its a female blackcap. looks the same as the one that passed through our garden a few weeks ago even has the same wing markings,
This is SO good as usual Mary. I could watch them and their antics for hours.
B.
Post a Comment