I think this is a non-breeding or a juvenile American Golden-Plover. The black tail is suppose to be a distinguishing mark. If I am wrong, feel free to tell me what it really is! I haven't seen it before no matter what it is.
It was wading around with a Killdeer on this little spit of ground.
I thought it was one of the sandpipers until I got the photos on the computer and saw the short bill.
Not good photos......but I wanted to record seeing this bird!
8 comments:
Good for you! Lots of fun.
Gorgeous bird, Mary.. Congrats on seeing a 'new' one!!!! I have never seen one before... Really pretty.
Hugs,
Betsy
I always get excited over 'new' birds!! I have no idea about this one, so I'll take your word for it!
Congrats on a lifer. Nothing wrong with these pictures either.
I believe you are right in your identification.
We ended up at goose pond today...did not see a single one of these, but did see egrets, herons, cormorants, and a juvenile bald eagle! I would love to go back and take Roger's hunting blind and set up in it...
I think the photos are wonderful.
Thanks everyone!
Good for you Mary. Whatever it is you took wonderful shots. Bravo!
B.
Post a Comment