Thursday, October 6, 2011

Last left-overs.....

I'm tired of butterflies and want to see some birds!  It seems like I have not taken many bird photos lately.  I went back through my most recent folders and found a few birds that I haven't posted and a few other odds and ends.  I guess I'd better get out with the camera somewhere soon!
This little Carolina Wren came to the suet cage one day.  They are not happy about my dead tree being gone.  I think they feel more exposed and less protected.  I miss having my birds come right up by the front door for their food.  Need to plant a new tree soon!
He was nervous but finally ate some suet......after lots of looking around.
This little Titmouse was very wary, too.  I wonder if I have a hawk hanging around again.
I love Titmice and hope to see more of them this winter.
"The cost if clear....I'll go get some food now!"
I call this one "Duck Armada".  I liked the patterns they were making on the water.
A molting Goldfinch....looks a bit ashamed of his condition, hiding his head from me :-)
This heron was over in Henderson, KY.  We were hoping for more water birds that day, but this was all we saw. 
Another heron at Blue Grass.....keeping watch.
Ducks at the wetlands
I thought this flower was interesting looking, but couldn't figure out how to get a good photo of it. No idea what it is.
Wasp
Asters
I really need to get out and find some birds!  I've been out a couple times hoping to see some warblers, but haven't found any yet.

12 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I love your 'left-over' photos, Mary.. That little Carolina Wren is so cute!!! We've been enjoying the female Grosbeaks this week.. They are passing through.

Hugs,
Betsy

Ruth Hiebert said...

Great photos. I love the Duck Armada.

Dorothy said...

I like all of your left over pictures, Mary! The strange bloom looks like a pea blossom and it looks like a couple of peas with it. Our birds are beginning to come back to the feeders now.

wildaboutwales said...

after all the great photos of your birds on the suet I went out and bought some including 2 suet feeders, all i get on the table at the moment are tits and sparrows, but winter is coming so should get more species once the seeds and berries have gone. great shot of the wren , much different to our little beauties.
http://wildaboutwales.wordpress.com/2011/07/21/438/

Roy said...

A great set of images Mary, the odd flower looks like an everlasting sweet pea. (Thats the name we would use anyway)

Rose said...

I like Duck Amanda, too...and of course the wren. I hear one in the neighborhood here, every now and then but never see it.

A Colorful World said...

I have a lovely bush in my new front yard that seemed to be FULL of birds, so I placed a bird feeder closeby as soon as I could. There are literally 20 to 30 sparrows and finches that attend the feeder every day now, flitting between it and the ground beneath it and the bush! We also have a neighborhood hawk, so they scare into the bush's safety zone really easily. But they are such fun to watch and listen to...I just hope I can keep them in bird seed; they are going through it so fast! :-) Loved your bird photos! Will post some soon!

Kerri Farley said...

It always fun to look thru the archives for photos! I do it all the time. The little birdies that visit are such joy, aren't they?

Sue B. said...

Water pattern in Duck Armada is really neat. I miss my birds. Don't have many at my house.

ed said...

We dont seem to have any birds in the garden at the moment, but two parakeets called in today and flew away as soon as the camera came out.

Becky said...

Your leftovers are always plenty for me Mary. I don't know about you, but I don't have many interesting birds right now.
B.

Cicero Sings said...

Like the duck armada ... the water patterns are really neat.