Sunday, August 21, 2011

Squirrel Sunday.....

Squirrels get thirsty, too......
"Hmmmmm...wonder what all the fuss is about this fountain thingy.  I think I'll climb up and have a drink!"
"She put a lot of nice footholds on this thing.  Should be easy....after all, it's not Mt. Everest....just Mt. Froggy."
"Hey I found water already....no need to go to the top!"
"Now how do I get my butt....I mean tail.....on up over this edge?"
"Maybe I can just lean in"
"Ta da!  I made it! Squirrels rule!  We can climb anything!"
"Now I REALLY need a drink!"
(I'm embarrassed about the "mossy" covering of the fountain and need to give it a good cleaning, but Star II doesn't seem to mind.)

9 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Amen... Squirrels can climb anywhere... So can raccoons. A raccoon woke us up about 3 a.m. --trying to steal our suet feeder on the deck... Gads!!!!

Great pictures, Mary.
Hugs,
Betsy

grammie g said...

Hi Mary...to funny and cute...
The nature channel out our windows!

Janice K said...

They can be so persistant!

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

So cute and so determined. Lovely shots Mary. A x

Don Wood said...

hi Mary Star will be onward and upwards now he has negotiated the water feature.

Dorothy said...

Squirrels can go anywhere they please!!! Nice that they can share the fountain with your birds!

Rose said...

Love it...squirrels can climb anything!

Becky said...

Adorable Mary, perfect for your book!
B.

Katney said...

Your squirrels are all so funny.