As you can see....I'm not at home at the moment! This is some of the awesome glass works by Dale Chichuly in the new Garden and Glass exhibit at the Pacific Science Center in Seattle. There are 11 areas to browse.
The Glass Forest
Northwest Room
Sealife Room
Persian Ceiling
Mille Fiori
Ikebana and Float Boat
Chandeliers
Macchia Forest
Glasshouse
Garden
I've got lots more photos but will stop with these!
We had a great time picking out our favorites that we would love to take home with us.....if we were reallllllllly rich :-)
9 comments:
Oh, these are wonderful...I have loved this his glass for a long time. I clicked your blog from habit, never really expecting to see anything...so glad you got to see and share this.
Fantastic series of photos Mary. I first saw Dale Chihuly's great talent in the foyer at the Belagio in Las Vegas several years ago, the ceiling looked very similar to your Persian ceiling. I didn't know what I was looking at, only that I thought it was the most amazing sight and was in total awe. The second time I saw his work was last year in a small park in Mayfair, London where there was a sculpture similar to your photo third from the bottom where I took note of his name and made a point of looking him up that night on my laptop in our hotel. I then saw a photo of the Belagio ceiling and knew he was a master artist in his field. I would love to see an exhibit of so many of his pieces. You have captured them outstandingly. Thanks for sharing all of them.
These glass sculptures are brilliant and so vibrant in colour and movement.
Wow! Stunning images Mary. Great photography.
You've got to be kidding me... it looks like a fairyland under the sea! Beautiful displays.
That is nothing short of amazing.
Hi Mary! ...these glass sculptures really draw you in. Beautiful...
wow, my side bar list didn't update me - These are gorgeous!!
Wow! Really stunning pieces! I would love to see these! Maybe I will get a chance now...check it out, we are moving to Oregon by summer's end! But I will be here when you come in April. Give me a call...I can't remember if you have my current number. 520-720-7224. Will love to see you again.
Post a Comment