Thursday, August 14, 2014

Hot day + water dish =...........

Fun in the sun!
Never have so many.....
......had so much fun.....
.....in so little water!
 I get such a kick out of watching the little sparrows when they decide it is time to play in the water.
"Heads up!  Cannonball!" 
 A few taking a break at the water fountain.
This one decided that a water fountain was a perfect place to sit....right on the water spout!  LOL
 "Children......I think I'll get my drink up here!"
"Finally.....the sparrow brats have all gone away!"
Goldfinches love fresh sunflower seeds right out of the head.  I wish I had a few of those really big heads of seeds for them!  I had one little one (the one that grew at the end of the walkway :-) to put out for them.  I like to "spike" them on the end of the hooks and they just love sitting there and eating the seeds. 
.....but they will take them right from the plant, too.

11 comments:

Rose said...

Fun photos! If not for the cats, I would love a birdbath, but that would give Puss Puss too much advantage! She is the only one I worry about...she is constantly on the alert and really sneaky to boot.

Caroline Gill said...

What wonderful little sparrows, Mary! We have had torrential rain today and huge thunder storms ... but due to our sandy soil, you would hardly know it had rained!

grammie g said...

Hi Mary... They are so darn cute!!
I see you still have your water fountain, I love that!!

Grace

sandy said...

I could watch birds bathing - all day long - ....Love the photos!

Kerri Farley said...

How Fun!!!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Mary, Great pictures. Love seeing all of the little sparrows 'trying' to share the birdbath.... CUTE!!!!!

Today I have a ROSE blog post --and next Monday, I'll have a Birdie Blog (showing Daddy Bluebird and his babies)....

The hummingbirds love my new Canna Lilies... It's fun to watch them --but hard to get a picture... ha

Enjoy this gorgeous Fall-like weather.
Hugs
Betsy

DeniseinVA said...

Always lovely to see little birds having fun splashing in the water on a hot day. Great photos again Mary! Enjoy your weekend :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

That's a good way to feed sunflowers. I like the idea of putting them on a hook like that,making a perfect feeding station.

A Colorful World said...

Adorable!!! You have the hot spot for the sparrows this summer! :-)

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Those little sparrows are so sweet, I love to see them.

Dorothy said...

Hi Mary! I haven't forgotten you, I've just been too lazy to blog! I scrolled way back through your posts and enjoyed all you pictures. It's fun to watch the birds in the water. Also like the Goldfinch eating the sunflower seed. Are you looking forward to Fall as much as I am?