It has been a long time since I had a really curious squirrel worthy of a Squirrel Sunday post, but I do believe I have a new descendant of my former "Star" who may earn the crown! This little squirrel spent a long time working at how to "crack" this feeder.....(designed for hanging birds only).....but it finally managed it!
"Hmmmmm.....My great-grandpa, Star, says there is no such thing as a "squirrel-proof" feeder!"
"First problem....how do I reach that thing???"
"Well....it's a bit of a stretch, but I think I got it"
( I will save his pride by not showing you all the times he slipped and missed, but it sure was funny to watch :-)
"Does the lid come off???"
"Maybe the bottom comes off..."
"If she can get the seeds in, I can get the seeds out!"
"Sigh.....maybe I'll rest my toes a bit"
"This is good exercise, but I'm getting hungry!"
"OK......let's think about this some more!"
"Other side doesn't open either....dang!"
"Hey....I think I can get some seeds this way without getting it open!"
"Not my favorite way to eat, but it works!"
"This is REALLY hard on the toes!"
"Ymmmmmmmmm"
"Got it figured out now!"
"Are you going to make me work this hard to get in your blog all the time??????"
(Yes, I am! If you are really a descendant of Star, I'm sure he told you all about me")
"Yep"
7 comments:
Mary, This is so cute! I think he may be a cousin or our "Stretch" (may he rest in peace)! They are a problem at the feeders but fun to watch. My favorite picture is the one eating seed while hanging by his toes!!!!
Hi Mary... Oh my goodness how funny is that!! Ya they sure can get in some crazy positions to get those seeds!! Grandpa Star taught him well!! : }
Grace
Oh, that is hilarious...I can't believe she worked that hard...yet I can. They are so persistent.
Hi Mary, Just me stopping by to say HI. It's been so busy this summer and I didn't want to miss any of your posts...
Cute post about a descendant of Star... (I think some of his descendants are down here too since our squirrels will do whatever it takes to get to the food!!!!!
We have had a milder than normal July which I love --but who knows what August will bring us... ha
Have a great summer..
Hugs,
Betsy
HAHA - funny photos! We have one tree squirrel that visits and one ground squirrel and babies who have eaten all the plants in my little garden I started. I use to love to see what your squirrel was up to. Then..when I moved to the mountains I got my fill of it, lol. But I can admire yours from far away.
This was hysterical! I loved the photo of him hanging completely upside down! He's such a pretty reddish squirrel too.
As you can see, we are back from a 13 day trip. I have so many photos to post! :-) We had a wonderful trip, but are still recovering. :-)
Mary, this is hilarious! I think I have some gray squirrel cousins of his as well as a tenacious red squirrel! It is fun and amazing to see them defeat all our attempts to keep them from the seed!
Post a Comment