I went to the wetlands Saturday for a quick walk around and saw this beautiful hawk sitting up on a dead tree limb.
I think it is a Red-shouldered Hawk and I thought it looked young.
Look at all the fluffy white feathers on the front.
It was doing a lot of preening
It would pull those white feathers out and they would slowly float to the water below.
It turned around for one brief minute....I got 3 shots....and it turned its back to me again.
Looking at me, but didn't seem to mind me being there. I wasn't real close.
Pulling out feathers again.
Wistful looking
My computer monitor quit on me and I am using an old one that makes everything look light and stretched. I hope these photos look better on your computers then they do on mine at the moment!
Took other photos from the wetlands....will post them another day.
11 comments:
Hi Mary, Great photos of the Hawk.. (Yes, it looks great on my computer!) He does look like a "juvie' doesn't he????
Have a great day.
Hugs,
Betsy
Super shots Mary.
Wow Mary - it's been a long time since I've stopped by - Glad I did today - your hawk photos are wonderful!!
Hope all is well in your world. I remembered your "dome" house and then thought wow, it's been so long since I've come here. We've sold and made a few moves in the meantime and now live in the mountains.
These shots look and are wonderful! I wonder if it was a young hawk...he sure is a handsome fellow.
Your pictures are awesome, and it does look like a youngster. Such a beautiful bird!!
They look great Mary, lovely photos of this beautiful bird.
These pictures are wonderful. It certainly looks like a young bird.
HI Mary.. Wow what an opportunity to be so close!! It's back feathers a wonderful, great shot!!
Grace
Yes I am still alive : )
Absolutely fantastic shots! What a wonderful encounter. And sorry about your monitor, but the pictures look fine.
What a great find! I do agree with you, it looks like a juvenile red-shouldered hawk! Nice capture!
Your photos look perfect. Love seeing the pictures of the hawk.
Post a Comment