We were out running around near the wetlands, so we stopped. I didn't figure we would see anything and it was very cold, but....
.....there was one Great Blue Heron on the pond......looking cold and miserable.
Saw one Bluebird up in a tree.
The creek area was mostly frozen over.
There was a flock of Canada Geese on the front pond with the heron.
And one Mallard who was hanging out with the geese.
************
Back home, I took a few Chickadee photos.
And my two kitties were trying to watch the birds, but it was too sunny and sleeping seemed a better idea. Hopey soaking up the sun.....
.......and Mouse.
10 comments:
I so enjoy seeing the birds,especially at this time of year.
What a wonderful Bluebird, Mary! Keep warm!
I especially liked that first picture of the Blue Heron and the Blue Bird, and of course, of the sweet kitties!
Wonderful pictures, Mary!!! Love the sweet little Bluebird!! The cats have to right idea.... sleeping in the sun!
Strange that the geese don't look cold but the heron and bluebird do :) I love bluebirds so much. I have never seen one in the natural...only though pic. Thanks for making me smile tonight
patrina <")>><
Our cats have been birding, too. Our wetlands don't look like your wetlands, though. I've been walking on water in ours!
(ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!
I wish I could get some heron pics that good! Yours are wonderful.
Those sweet kitties! :-) Nice shots of some cold cold birds!
Check out both my blogpost and the piece-fulness post that connects. The Tucson Quilt show was this past week!
YES---it has been doggone cold--as my Daddy used to say. I can't remember this much frigid weather at least since we moved here in 2003… A lady who has lived here for 25 years or so said this is the coldest winter she can remember since she came.
We haven't had much snow either --but did get a pretty 2 inch on a couple of days ago. Now--we are only getting flurries --but it's very cold (11 degrees at 11 am on our deck)… Went down below zero for 2 days a couple of weeks ago, and may go back down below zero tonight… CRAZY… I'm sure it's worse there.
Great photos. I do feel sorry for the critters out there.. I'm feeding the birds lots and lots now.
Hugs,
Betsy
The Bluebird was a nice capture Mary.
Post a Comment