Monday, June 17, 2013

Jewelwing.....

Not much here, but we did see this little Jewelwing damselfly on our trip to Henderson.
 I think they are so pretty.
 I kept trying to time it to get the wings open.....
 .....the best I managed.
 A Red Admiral landed on a leaf while I was watching the damselfly.
And on the way home, this Vulture was sitting up on the post as we went by.
***********
Been busy watching tennis....Wimbledon starts next week....and we had VBS every night this past week.  Just seems like I am not getting out to take photos anywhere right now.  I'm way behind on looking at all of your blogs, too and hope to catch up soon.

6 comments:

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

HI Mary Put Wimbledom on record, get out and take photos and post when you are free. That way you can have the best of both worlds! Margaret

Roy Norris said...

I am seeing a few Damselflies now at last Mary.
Yes I know, you will be watching Roger again.!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I have never seen one of those Jewelwings and sure wish I could.

Becky said...

I love seeing Damselflies, and there are usually many on the creek trail, but I don't get there much any more. Hope you can show me lots of Butterflies again Mary. I love seeing them.
Enjoy your tennis, I've been hooked on baseball as you know.

A Colorful World said...

What a gorgeous damselfly! I sent Russell on his trip with my little semi-inefficient digital. I have the film camera, a Nikon, to use in his absence. My picture-taking will be a bit affected for the next couple of months as a result. He had to return to FL because his Dad had a stroke. had already planned to go to Va to take care of some things and hit FL on the way home, but now FL is the focus.

Rose said...

Oh, that damselfly is gorgeous...we had a lot of these at the creek I played in when a kid.