Monday, April 22, 2013

Bobcat.....just an over grown pussy cat......

We were sitting at the kitchen table when we saw this Bobcat arrive for a visit.  He was sitting on the wall that surrounds my sister's backyard!
At first he just stared where all the birds had been feeding a few minutes earlier.  There had been at least 5 bunnies, dozens of quail and doves and other birds out there until he/she? arrived.  I'm glad they took off even though I know the Bobcat needs food, too.
Getting more comfortable....
.....down into the yard....
A beautiful, but large cat! 
 "Who me?"
He liked the nice soft grass, which had just been watered shortly before he arrived.
 Just like my house cats.....eating the grass.
 "Ah.....comfy!"
 A nice big yawn.....
.......or two!
 Another?
This is the life for a tired cat.
Remember that grass he ate?  Time to puke it back up.....just like my house cats!
 He was very fortunate to get a drink of water afterwards.  My sister has two tortoises and one had just come out of hibernation earlier in the day and she set some water out for it.  Photos of the tortoise at a later date :-)
Laps like a house cat.
 Now time for a nice stretch.  Isn't that tail cute?
Yep....just like a house cat!
OK....time to leave.
Up and over the wall!
Wonder if it will be back tomorrow?  We'll see!
*************
I have so many things to post and we've been busy.  Also, my photo program doesn't seem to work well on this laptop....it keeps shutting down when I try to work with the photos.  I may be posting these long after I get back home! 

16 comments:

Arija said...

What a treat, both for you and us. He/she is really adorable. I don't normally have fetishes but those ears could change my habits. Splendid shots. I'd be thrilled to my toenails if I got to se one in the wild like that.

Carletta said...

Hi Mary,
I saw over on Kerri's blog your recent post and had to come over.
Wow - excellent captures! He sure hung around for awhile. I know it's wild but so cute.
Enjoyed your post!

Becky said...

Oh My Mary, what a treat! What a gorgeous animal. I have never seen one outside of a zoo. I would be concerned for any outside animals though with this guy hanging around. Awesome pictures. Thanks!

tiptoethruphylsgarden.blogspot.com said...

Wow,you are so lucky to have gotten that close to him/her.Beautiful shots! Thank goodness the cat didn`t have a meal in front of you.What I wouldn`t do for a scene like you saw.phyllis

Rose said...

I am soooo jealous! How I would love to have seen him. Don't you wish you could have fed him and petted him? I guess that won't happen for either of us in our lifetime.

Janice K said...

What a neat opportunity to watch him over a period of time. I've got the feeling he's been there before, and seemed very comfortable with his surroundings. Does your sister go out when he is lounging in her backyard?

Cicero Sings said...

Great series of pictures! What an opportunity.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Does look like a pussy cat for sure --but I KNOW better. You did get some great photos of him.. They are beautiful though, aren't they???? Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Betsy

ZielonaMila said...

Fantastic photos:) Greetings

Jenny said...

Wow and Wow again. What a fantastic experience. Look at the fangs on that thing! Beautiful! I wouldn't want to own an outdoor cat in that neighbourhood though!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is a beautiful cat.

Dorothy said...

How wonderful to be able to photograph this beautiful wild creature!!! I may be a tiny bit jealous :) Great pictures!!!

Judy said...

Wow!!! Double wow!!! Great series!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Kathie Brown said...

Amazing shots! I would love to see one of these!

grammie g said...

HI Mary...Trying to catch up...these are fabulous...he or she is a beauty, and just like the domestic kitty in everything but size haha!! Wouldn't want to have a litter pan for that one!
Grace

A Colorful World said...

That was awesome!!!! :-)