I think the raccoons are getting too brave.....
This one let me open the door and take photos while he raided my feeders! He would peek around the feeder at me once in awhile, but showed no signs of leaving.
He must have really wanted those peanuts.
"Didn't she leave these for me? Why doesn't she go away?"
13 comments:
I think that little fellow could not resist the temptation of all that delicious food. He seems to be giving you a dirty look o.k.
That is cute, Mary, but they can be a pest! We have had some that were that brave, too. They are looking for an easy meal, I guess.
Either very brave, or very hungry...
Cute,yes,but a little too brave for sure.
Hi Mary..Oh those little buggers, aren't they brave!!
You can't help but laugh though with the antics they go through to get to the food!
I like that first one, "Now if I just had high heels on" hahaha!!!
Grace
thanks for the smile :)
Fun photos Mary! I get his cousin at my feeders sometimes.
Something has been opening my suet feeder but I haven't caught them yet.
An Arkies Musings
He must have been hungry, too....I think we could all go broke feeding the wildlife. Maybe he considered it pay for posing for you.
Wonderful shots Mary! I once watched one in a tree in Iowa and it was managing to go virtually right to the end of the tree branches. I was sure it would fall or the branch would snap. I think your one must've been very hungry.
I know what you mean. I have a feeder pole with a baffle which they were not able to go up last year; however, I caught one a week ago spread out across the top bars cleaning out my suet container. I had even greased the pole with lots of vasoline. Now what can I do???
Thanks everyone! We have a neighbor who feeds the raccoons, so that may be making them more friendly than I would like. This one seems to be rather small and comes every night. Raccoon moms turn the babies lose pretty young, so he may just be learning to find his own food.
Richie: I use a plastic tie wrap to close my suet cages.
Mary--had a blast seeing all of you yesterday! Am trying to get caught up on your blog. Cute fellow here, back at your home, which hopefully you got back to with no more airline problems today!
Post a Comment