I believe it is a Red-eared Slider. It didn't want to poke its head out very far, but Mike saw the red marks.
I walked across the yard for something and came back and it was gone! It must have really taken off in a hurry. I had picked it up to look at it and it didn't like that :-)
My Red-Breasted Nuthatch is still hanging around and wants to know why I don't buy some more peanuts for it. Next time I'm at the store.....I promise!
It was all over the place making it hard to get photos without a lot of stuff in the way, but I thought it was cute when it hangs upside down :-)
Caught in the act of leaving.
I have a Chipping Sparrow or two, but can't seem to get a good shot of them. The old camera doesn't have as much zoom.
The female Goldfinch up in the Maple tree.
The lilacs have been just gorgeous this year!
There was a Tiger Swallowtail flitting around on them, but I couldn't seem to get a good focused shot.
The Ornamental Cherry is trying to rival the Lilacs for who is most beautiful. I love both....although they don't look very good together :-)
14 comments:
Does the ornamental cherry have a fragrance...it sure is beautiful.
Oh my.Those Lilacs are gorgeous and so is the Cherry Tree.
I'm glad to hear that you are out walking about in your yard. Your lilac is beautiful -- we don't see many of them here.
Hi Mary, It's so good to see you back out and about a little. That Lilac tree is gorgeous... Bet it smells good also.
Love the nuthatch and the little chipping sparrow. We have a few of them here also.
I've only seen one large turtle in our yard EVER.... That was a few years ago.
Hugs,
Betsy
Hi Mary...Your flowering tree are just gorgreous especially in your last post...which is odd that I haven't had anything show up that you have posted since April 5 until this one today .????
I guess Turtles aren't as slow as we think huh!!
Love the butterfly on the lilacs!!
Glad to hear your out doing a "jig" around the yard!!lol
Your trees and flowers are all so beautiful....and even a visiting turtle. That's pretty cool. Glad to see you are out and about.
It will be another month before the lilacs start to bloom here, so I was pleased to see yours. Now if we could only get the fragrance going through the web...
Beautiful time of the year and so much appreciated after the long winter. Thanks Mary. Your photos have been very enjoyable.
Mary: My your Spring is so much further along then here. What a great look at the animals and blooms.
I had a pair of first graders once who did their science project on the question: "Why do turtles move slowly?" They looked up and read about turtles and wrote a report. And then it came time for the hands on demonstration.l So all the first graders sat around in a circle and they put Q's brother's turtle in the center.
And it took off like a bat out of you know where.
How is your camera now? Were you able to get it working again? I know we have the same one. I'm sorry your's died. :( Mine is starting to have some problems as well. The auto focus on mine is having some major issues at times. Not always, but often. I've loved it, and used it TONS over the past few years, but it's time for a new one. I've got my eye on the new HS20 if the firmware update they are planning fixes the overheating issue that has been reported. It looks like it's a great camera other than that one glitch. The HS10 came out after our model, but was not well reviewed at all. But so far the HS20 reviews are great. I only wish I had the money available to buy one! LOL!
I hope you are healing well!
Deb
Beautiful bloooms! And I LOVE turtles!!
I can't wait for my lilacs. I just hope they don't get frozen. It's been so cold at night. Those Cherry blossoms are to die for! Cute little Nuthatch. I haven't seen one here in many years.
Have a super week.
B.
Hi Mary, So nice to hear from you. I've been looking at some of your recent posts. Your spring is so much farther along than ours. My weeping cherry must have a couple more weeks before it blooms. Looking forward to the burst of color and warm sunshine!! Hope you are well. :-)
Post a Comment