Sunday, January 5, 2020

Sandhill Cranes...

On New Year's day we went to Goose Pond looking for Sandhill cranes and found a bunch!

This shot looks better if you click on it to make it larger.

We got there kind of late in the afternoon and were fighting the sun in our eyes the whole time, but managed to get a few focused shots.
 Mike took this one





 I love watching the land

 ....and take off.
I hope to go back before they migrate for another try.

6 comments:

Roy Norris said...

Hi Mary, good to hear you are still around. Great photos of the wonderful bird.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful shots. I see these so seldom around here and never in such large groups.

Jenn Jilks said...

They are beautiful! I've only seen two once! In summer, of course.

Rose said...

I so would love to go...just didn't try to venture it this week. I still am loving that first shot so much.

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

Wow!

sandy said...

Oh i missed these. I wish we had them near here - never seen them in person.