Monday, January 15, 2018

It's cold and snowy here....

We've had a lot of cold weather this winter and now we have snow.  We don't usually get a lot of severe cold or snow, so this is an unusual winter.  I was trying to get some bird shots today at the feeders and the food I'm throwing out as fast as they can eat it or it gets covered with a new layer of snow!  Sort of a lost cause.  I'm going to have a huge mess to clean up when the snow melts.
"I hate this snow!!!!" 
"Get over it, Dear and just eat the food before its all gone again!  Next year we'll go to Florida!" 
 Mr. Cardinal
 Mr. Downy
 A few of the Cardinals and other ground feeders.  I probably have 10 pair of Cardinals at least!  Lots of Juncos, lots of sparrows and some Pine Siskins all swarming the ground areas.
Everyone wants the suet. 
 The Red-bellied Woodpecker didn't seem to intimidate the Wren as much as it did the downy below.
 "Back off!  This suet belongs to me!"
Song Sparrow 

I had 3 Carolina Wrens 
 This poor little wren is missing most of its tail!  Causes it some problems, but it is surviving!
 I love the wrens
White-throated Sparrow
**************
Snow is really for the 5 year old's.....or those who are 5 years old at heart :-).  Unfortunately, my knee is not up to this any more, but it sure looked like fun!
"Ok....give me a push!" 
"What do you mean I have to drag the sled back up the hill????" 

"That was FUN!" 
"No fair, Mom, you're bigger then I am!" 
"Ready.....get set......"

3 comments:

A Colorful World said...

I hadn't seen a post from you come up on my feed in a while! Love your snowy shots, and the birds! We had our severe snows last year, and others got little or none. This year we've had almost no snow, and everyone else is getting hit! Hope you are doing well!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your birds are beautiful.They look to be getting lots of food as well.

Rose said...

Oh, does the sledding ever look like fun! Great bird shots! Love all those cardinals...we used to have lots of them in Tennessee, and occasionally see 3 or 4 pairs here, but not often.