It was great weather for a walk at the wetlands! The best part of the day for me was this pretty little bird. I'm never good at identifying these cute little bug eating birds. I spent about a half hour watching this one flit around from post to bush to tree. It was a very good photo subject :-) I really lean toward Phoebe for the ID, but I don't remember noticing the tail wagging it is suppose to do. Maybe it is something totally different?
I don't usually find a bird so willing to pose from every angle.
A fortunate shot as it took off.
And what would a walk at the wetlands be without a few turtle shots of the hundreds of turtles that live there.
They were filling every log they could find that was above the water level.
Can you count them, Rose? :-)
And this spider eating a damselfly was interesting?
Just found out that this is a Six-Spotted Fishing Spider. Makes sense since it was fishing in the creek.
Maybe with the weather getting nice, I will get out more and get some photos taken. We are in the process of trying to sell our house and downsize, but so far no takers. It is a frustrating process and a slow one. Getting out was a nice change of scenery.
5 comments:
Boy, I don't know which it is either...I lean to the Easter Phoebe but I don't really know why. Looking at all about birds it is even hard to distinguish them there, too. I will think I am looking at one and it is the other. I do not see how anyone can just look at them and tell the difference. I guess though it is the way I can look at a carolina wren and just know it is one. I will be watching to see if anyone can say for sure.
LOVe all the turtles...and great photo of the spider.
Amazing pictures of this bird. I find some birds very hard to ID and this is one of them.
Gorgeous shots, Mary! I haven't seen any of your posts in a while but with the move and the computer issues I've been having that may be why. Good to see one of your awesome posts again. Hope you two are doing well. Have a blessed Easter!
SO many Turtles. Great shots of that bird whatever it is. Haoot Easter.
A splendid series of photos. Good to be visiting again. Hope all is going well for you. Good luck on the sale of your home.
Post a Comment