I've spent the last two weeks fighting a pain problem in my upper back and neck that doesn't allow me to use the computer much or my camera, so I am taking a blogging break for awhile. I got an injection in the back today, so I feel well enough to write a quick note and post a few photos I had on the camera from the same day as the British car show.
We followed the Ohio River upstream towards some of the small river towns along the way. We stopped at the Blue Heron Winery.....how could I not with that name :-). It was a lovely place high up on the bluffs above the river.
The view is fantastic
On another part of their property, a local artist has carved a beautiful Celtic Cross on the grounds from the local limestone rock formations.
This side has the most carving but the light wasn't as good.
Tell City is in the process of filling their flood wall along the river with wonderful murals depicting the history of the area and the 1937 flood.
Mike is 6'4" and you can see the mark for the 1937 flood waters way above his head (above that red brick). This flood will always be remembered in this area because of it s tremendous effect on the area and everyone living here. Those who are still alive don't forget it and the flood walls are the end result all along the river near populated areas.
*********
Please keep me in your prayers and I will return to blogging when this pain problem is cleared up. It may be a long haul, but it is getting better! God is good!
9 comments:
You are in my prayers. Please take care of yourself.
Praying that this will heal quickly.Being in pain is not good.
Oh Mary, I am so sorry to hear this. Please take care of yourself and hurry back when you feel better. Pain is NEVER fun!
Love that celtic cross... Gorgeous... That 1937 flood must have been horrible. Yipes.
Hugs,
Betsy
Just had a moment and thought I would check your blog...still praying for you.
Lorelei is here for a visit...her mom has training in Terre Haute. So will be occupied with her for a few days.
I really do hope you are beginning to get some real relief with this problem.
I will pray that you will find relief from your pain. Take it easy!
Hope you are feeling better!!!
Hope you recover soon Mary, I'm missing the fields of Snow Geese you post. Its good to take a break from time to time anyway.
wow Mary - back problems are really a big pain - i sure hope this heals up for you soon.
I am so sorry to hear you have not been doing well. I hope the shot in your spine will help a lot. It sure did me when I had mine back in February! This is a wonderful post! So interesting about the flood, and really scary. That celtic cross is wonderful, and the view from the hill is great!
Post a Comment