Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Home birds....

Not too much happening here and busy with the holidays, so I haven't taken a lot of photos.  Here are a few bird shots I haven't posted yet of the home birds.
"Big Red".....any of my male Cardinals.  He doesn't really like to pose and usually flies away the minute I approach the window.  They are so skittish.
Giving me the eye, but hasn't decided to take off yet.
I try to keep very still so the only thing that he notices is the focus light.
Juncos are always around all winter, but I never seem to get a very good portrait of one.  I would say this is a male....they are darker on top then the females.
The happy Titmouse finding a bit of peanut.  He isn't sure he really likes this feeder....too much work.
The Blue Jay wouldn't come close yet, but I saw him on the big maple tree the other day.  When we get snow, he gets less nervous and more willing to come in closer....especially if there are peanuts.
Mrs. Red-bellied still hanging around.  I can tell it is the same one by that little spot in her red feathers.
A full length portrait.
A bright sunny day that was rather mild, brought out several doves.  I don't usually have too many around once it gets cold.
The Downys are always around, thankfully.
Mr. Downy using his tail to brace himself.
I was hoping they would try my pine cone with the peanut butter and crushed peanuts.
Striking a pose.
She tried the peanut feeder, too.
So did the White-breasted Nuthatch!  Always happy to see any of the nuthatches.
The Titmouse hasn't decided about the pine cones, but tried it.
***********
In case I don't get any more photos up before Christmas.....
I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
I appreciate your visits and comments and enjoy visiting all of your blogs, too, even when I get behind.

10 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

It is great to see the birds that visit your feeders. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Arija said...

What a sweet, well nourished cardinal. He looks like he is hiding from you and giving you the eye at the same time. Lovely collection of home birds Mary.

Best wishes for a Happy Christmas . . .Arija

Janice K said...

I enjoyed your pictures. Have a wonderful Christmas.

Dorothy said...

I always like seeing your 'home birds'! Great shots of them today! I saw my first Pine Warbler yesterday. The birds bring a smile to my face!
Merry Christmas to you!

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

Hi Mary, I hope all is well with you. It's so nice to hear from you! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. I've always loved seeing the birds that come to visit you and reading your posts. I haven't been paying much attention to my garden birds lately, but with winter weather coming, I hope to spend more time watching them. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and very Happy New Year!!

George said...

You got some great pictures of your home birds. I'm sure they'll keep coming around as long as you keep putting out treats like the pine cones.

I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Roy said...

A beautiful set Mary.

Becky said...

I see you were having lots of sun. We have managed some between the raindrops. I love all your birds Mary! Especially the Red-bellied woodpecker. Mine have yet to show up.
B.

A Colorful World said...

Great photos, Mary! I am always so amazed at the variety of birds you have there! Wonderful!

Rose said...

I LOVE the ones of the cardinal behind bars....