(Nature post below this one)
It's SkyWatch Friday time! We just got back from Seattle a week ago, so here are a few sky shots from vacation. I love looking at clouds from airplanes, even when I'm over the wing.
Clouds with mountain tops sticking through are a bit scary :-)
Lovely fluffy clouds everywhere. It always looks like you should be able to walk through them or on them or something.
Looking backward.
Mike took this nice sky shot over Mt. Rainier while we were at the lookout at Sunrise Point.
Mike also took this one.....he's slow to get his photos downloaded, so I'm just discovering his shots :-)
For more skies all over the world click on the SkyWatch icon on my sidebar. Thanks to all who help make it a wonderful site each week!
(New Nature post below this one)
23 comments:
Isn't it neat, Mary, to be flying ABOVE the clouds???? Great pictures from the airplane. I love the pictures of Mt. Ranier also... WOW!!!!
We're off to Hendersonville today to check on G's parents. Have a great day.
Hugs,
Betsy
I've never flown so it's nice to see pictures made flow a plane. I really like Mike's pictures, too!!!
I love to sit at the window of a plane and watch the clouds below.
Great views of the sky you got here! Love the one of Mt. Rainier too - what a massive chunk of rock and ice! I enjoyed your shots of the San Juans. I spend a lot of time up there when I can and just love exploring the islands by boat. Glad you enjoyed your time there. Hi from northern Cali!
Mary: Beautiful sky shots and I love Mt. Rainer.
Mary: Wonderful shots of the dragonflies and butterflies. That was such a wonderful show of the critters of your area.
Great sky shots,Mary...and Mt. Rainier is exceptionally beautiful...
Mary nothihng is more beautiful than clouds, especially if you can get shots from an air plane...so nice my fav. Have a wonderful day.
These are all such great pictures! I love the clouds, and Mt. Rainier looks so beautiful! What a wonderful holiday.
Betsy: Thanks...have a good time on your trip.
Dorothy: Flying is a wonderful experience. The first time I saw clouds from an airplane I was amazed that they looked exactly like I thought they would....but so close!
Joan: Well, hop on a plane and fly over for a visit :-) Welcome any time!
Linnea: Thanks for stopping by. I would love to go back to the San Juan Islands another year.
Tom: Thanks! I love vacations,but I love the normal stuff at home, too :-)
Carol: Thanks...Rainier is a beautiful mountain....so awesome.
Nature as is: I always wish I could somehow touch them or feel them, but I know that is silly.
April: Thanks...it was a good trip.
Hi Mary, I too love the 'cotton wool' effect you get looking down on clouds in a plane. Also love that photo of Mount Rainier that Mike took. What a stunning area.
Breathtaking. Nice shots.
Beautiful cloud image Mary! Sure passes the time while flying looking at the clouds!
Love the Mt. photos! I have not been to Seattle..closest I came was to White Rock on the Canadian side across the way!
Mary,
more wonderful posts!
I am nominating you for a Kreativ Blogger Award. You can read about what this entails on my blog here,
With best wishes,
Caroline
Hi Mary,
It's been so long since I've been above the clouds - thanks for reminding how lovely it is!
I love Mike's shot of the sky above Mt. Rainier - beautiful!!
Thank you for your visit today to my photoblog and all the wonderful comments you left!!
Awesome pictures, Mary!
It's so neat to be able to see the clouds from above.Mike's photos are beautiful,calendar material.Grant it I would like to own a calendar of cloud pictures.Yours should be included.
Blessings,Ruth
I always love seeing the clouds from up there too. Like Marshmallow Fluff!
Mike did a fabulous job on that first picture. I love it!
B.
What a wonderful collection of sky photos! I've never had much success in getting pictures from planes, but you did a marvelous job. I like Mike's pictures of the mountain as well.
Thank you everyone and I just want you to know that Mike shot his "calendar photo" of Mt. Rainier over the top of the windshield of my brother-in-law's Mustang convertable as they left the parking lot. Maybe I should hand over the camera and let him take all the photos :-)
Pretty clouds. Yes, it would be fun to be able to walk on them! Great shots, too, that Mike took of Mt. Ranier.
My wife just got back home from a trip to the Seattle area. She got a great shot of Rainier from the airplane.
An Arkies Musings
It looks like you were literally floating in the clouds! Mount Rainier shots are awesome.
Post a Comment